So, before I give you the recipe to this utterly delicious gluten free delight I thought I’d give my mum a bit of a shout out (actually, I tend to do this quite a lot, I wonder if she even reads these?!)…I have recently seen this cauliflower pizza idea on so many Instagram feeds and everyone is going crazy for it BUT I still want to believe that it’s a little family secret that I’ve been eating since my little(er) years. I know you’re all going to think yours is great (and it probably is) but I’m always going to go Bruce Bogtrotter on yo ass and say, ‘My moms is better…!’. So here goes.
You will need:
1 head of a medium to large cauliflower
4 oz soft goats cheese
½ tsp oregano
Whatever you will want for a topping, mum usually uses passata, tomatoes, peppers and other veg
- Using a blender (or you can grate with a hand grater) – pulse the cauliflower until it resembles rice (or grate with a hand grater until you get the same effect).
- Transfer the cauliflower rice into a saucepan pour in just enough water (preferably filtered) to cover – this will only need to boil for three minutes.
- Sieve the cauliflower rice into a fine mesh sieve and then transfer to a clean tea towel (or muslin cloth). Squeeze out all of the excess water – there will be a lot!
- Transfer into a bowl and mix in the goats cheese, egg and oregano (of course you can do this without the cheese too, the egg should bind it enough, the cheese just adds the extra moisture). Tip out onto a lined baking tray and use your creativity to create whatever pizza shape you desire, just making sure to push the edges up slightly to create a crust effect.
- Pop in the oven at around 200 degrees until golden brown (about 25 minutes)
- (Whilst this is cooking you could quickly pop in your veg too in a separate dish with a tad of coconut oil ((or whatever oil you use)) to roast them up a bit).
- Once the pizza base has cooked, take out and spread on your passata and the rest of your toppings! Serve with a leafy green salad and maybe some sweet potato and parsnip chippies. VOILA gorgeous gluten free cauliflower pizza has been made! Friday nights can be healthy after all!
Happy Healthy Baking!